Accreditation & Program Effectiveness
The University of Saint Francis Radiography Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182. Phone: 312-704-5300. www.jrcert.org
A site visit was conducted in June of 2017. The program was awarded an eight-year accreditation with an Interim Report due 2021 and the next visit scheduled for 2025..
PROGRAM EFFECTIVENESS DATA
The program has developed a mission statement, goals and student learning outcomes that guide the program’s curriculum development, evaluation and assessment practices. In addition, the performance of the program is reflected through various program effectiveness data as defined, collected and reported by the accrediting body which is the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) located at 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, 312-704-5300, www.jrcert.org.
Program effectiveness data includes the program completion rate, credentialing examination pass rate and job placement rate. Explanations of each of these measures is provided below along with corresponding program data. Questions about the data should be directed to the Department Chair. The data can also be found at www.jrcert.org.
The radiography program’s 2017 annual report to the JRCERT is reflected in the following:
Completion Rate – This is the annual measurement of the number of students that began the program divided by the number of students that actually completed the program. The program’s completion rate for 2017 – 74% (19 entering/14 completing). Fifteen (15) students completed within the 150% length established by the JRCERT.
Credentialing Examination – This is the number of students that pass the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination on the first attempt. The following represents the program’s credentialing data: 2017 – 15 testing – 100% pass rate. The five year average pass rate (2013-2017) on the first attempt is 76 graduates/76 passing or 100%.
Job Placement Rate – For the years 2013 – 2017, the program’s five year job placement trending is 98.6%. This is the percentage of graduates that are actively seeking a position and those that gain employment in the radiology field the year after completing the program. During this five year period there were 75 graduates actively seeking employment, and 74 were employed within the specified time period.
Job Placement Rate is calculated using only the number of graduates who are actively seeking employment which may differ from the number of graduates posted in the program completion rate. Those graduates not actively seeking employment are not included in the Job Placement Rate data. The JRCERT has defined “not actively seeking employment” as:
1) Graduate fails to communicate with program officials on employment status after multiple attempts, OR
2) Graduate is unwilling to seek employment that requires relocation, OR
3) Graduate is unwilling to accept employment due to salary or hours, OR
4) Graduate is on active military duty, AND/OR
5) Graduate is continuing their education.
PROGRAM EFFECTIVENESS MEASURES
Be prepared for their first position in the field.
- Outcome #1 – Pass, on the first attempt, the ARRT certification exam in radiography.
- Outcome #2 – Secure employment within the 12 months of their date of completion.
- Outcome #3 – Display satisfaction with their education.
- Outcome #4 – Prepared for an entry level position in radiography to the satisfaction of area employers.
- Outcome #5 – Successfully complete the program within 150% of the identified length.